Monday, August 2, 2010

Ant with Cheddar Cheese Popcorn


I have been on vacation lately and yes off the grid. But am gearing up once again.

I took this amazing photo of an ant pulling a huge piece of cheddar flavored popcorn and invited the three kids who were around to take a look. Their ages: 3, 5 and 6.

The outcome for the ant was not good.

The 6 year old (a girl) wanted to watch what happened with the ant. But the 3 and 5 year old boys had other ideas. The two boys went postal on the ants with their soft swords yelling "kill, kill, kill". It was mayhem for the ants!

Disclosure: Ants were hurt in the research for this blog post.

Update: Re-reading the post it occurred to me that some readers might believe I was suggesting that little boys are natural born ant killers and little girls are not. Though I do believe gender differences are apparent at an early age (I once gave my niece a truck as a gift - I won't do that again!) I think the difference in ages was most at play with this incident.

No comments:

Post a Comment