Monday, July 5, 2010

Hello World

Good enough. Every first programming course starts with a program that writes out Hello World and for the person tackling that language for a first time, it can be very satisfying when they finally get the computer to output that phrase or some variation of it. This is my first post and I will probably need some time to figure out my way around here but I think I managed to output Hello World.

In terms of the the title "Virtual Realities" - I wanted at title that reflected both my interest in virtual and social worlds as well as my interest in the so-called real world of politics and economics. It think I need to do a little more research on the etymoloygy of the word virtual. I know it can denote "real" as in "that was a virtual flop" but also is used to denote something that only exists in cyberspace such as "virtual memory". I will probably post more on this later ....

No comments:

Post a Comment